Date of Last Revision: May 07, 2018
1. What type of personal information do we collect?
This section explains what type of personal information is collected. Some of this information is collected when you provide it to us, and some information is collected automatically as you use our services. We will refer to all of this as the "Information".
Some of our Services are available to registered users only. During registration, a user is required to provide their name, email address, and their preferred username and password.
To complete an order, a user must provide their first and last name, email address, billing address, and (if applicable) the company name & VAT ID. The billing address is collected to comply with legal requirements, including the EU Directives 2006/112/EC and 2008/8/EC about the VAT tax and the customer location, respectively. The user’s Internet Protocol address is recorded when the order is completed, to comply with the EU directive 2008/8/EC that requires the collection of two non-conflicting pieces of evidence of the customer location, in order to calculate the correct VAT tax rate.
PanosFX does not use persistent or third party cookies. We only use session cookies, which are strictly necessary for the normal website functions and do not store any personal data. They are automatically erased when you close the browser.
1.4. Browsing the site:
Like most websites, Log Data are automatically recorded in standard Server Logs, whenever you visit our site. This may include data such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address, your browser version, pages you visit, and other statistics. This Information may be used for the purposes of security and preventing fraud.
1.5. Posting on the forum / reviewing our content:
When a user posts a message on the forum, or posts a review on our website pages, this message / review is stored in our database and is displayed on the site forum / the site pages, along with the user’s username. You should be careful when deciding to disclose any personal data in these public posts / reviews.
2. How we use the Ιnformation we collect
We use the Information in order for us to:
- Respond to your inquiries, and provide technical support for our Services.
- Communicate with you via newsletters about new add-ons, tutorials, offers, and other news that we think may be of interest to you (you may opt-out at any time).
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Facilitate customer transactions.
- Prevent fraudulent or other potential illegal activity on our website or through our Services.
3. Information security
The entire PanosFX website is secured using SSL, providing up to 256 bit encryption. We store the Information on secure servers, which are managed by us and our service providers, on encrypted backups, and hard copy files kept in a secure location. The stored Information is subject to security and access controls, including username and password authentication and data encryption where appropriate.
4. Information disclosure
We may disclose the Information to comply with applicable laws and government or regulatory bodies' lawful requests for information. We may disclose the Information to our service providers or Partners that we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf. These may include our accountants, lawyers, providers who host our Services, and providers who otherwise support our Services. We may transfer, sell or assign any of the Information to third parties as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or re-organisation of our business.
The Information is kept only for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was originally collected. If a user account remains inactive for more than 2 years, we may try to contact you to check if it is still in use, and/or we may delete the account. Orders data and hard copy invoices are retained for at least 10 years, to comply with legal requirements. Forum posts, content reviews and ratings, are kept for as long as they are relevant and useful for the purpose for which they were originally created.
6. Your Access to and Control over the Information
- If you wish to edit the details of your PanosFX user account (your name, username, password, email address), please login and click the "Edit your user profile" link at the website footer.
- If you are a customer and you wish to edit your billing address, please login first. Click the "Customer Control Panel" link at the website footer and click the "Addresses" icon.
- Get a copy of the Information we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct the Information we have about you.
- Have us delete the Information we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your Information.
You will promptly be informed - in writing and pursuant to applicable legislation - about your request.