Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Snowfall animation

Snowfall animation 02 Dec 2018 00:54 #8835

• Luv photography
  • Luv photography's Avatar Topic Author
I am using Photoshop CS6,with Windows 8.1 and have tried the Snowfall animation. It's really cool.
However when I choose either the 30 or 60 second animation, and loop it for either 3 times or forever, after rendering and saving as a video file, the video plays for the amount specified, but the animation only plays for 15 seconds. Then I have a still image with frozen in place snowflakes until the end of the video .
How do I get the animation to play throughout the entire time period that I have chosen?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Snowfall animation 02 Dec 2018 20:53 #8836

Hi.

I just ran the "Snowfall - 60 sec" action on my copy of Photoshop CS6 Extended. I rendered the animation and it worked as expected. When you say that you looped it for either 3 times or forever, can you elaborate please? As a matter of fact, you don't need to do anything when the action completes, other than exporting the video.

Snowfall animation 02 Dec 2018 21:11 #8837

• Luv photography
Every time I try to produce a movie with a 30 or 60 second animation, the animation works in the time frame, but when I export to a movie, the animation plays for 15 seconds, then freezes for the rest of the duration. Since the animation froze, I though it might have to do with the time of the animation, so I tried both looping the animation 3 times and forever, but that too had no affect, on the animation playing more than 15 seconds..
I even tried different frame rates, and increasing the duration of the frames from .03 to .04 and .05 seconds. At .05 seconds per frame the animation plays through to the end , but at a much slower rate of snowfall.

Snowfall animation 02 Dec 2018 21:30 #8838

• Luv photography
If you give me an email address that I can send a .rar file, or a compressed .mp4 video, so you can see what I mean

Snowfall animation 03 Dec 2018 04:49 #8839

I actually prefer to check your Photoshop (PSD) file, not the exported video. Please save the animation file as PSD and compress it. If you have a Dropbox account (or another cloud storage account), upload the file there and send me the download link. Otherwise, if the file size is not very big, use the Contact link at the site footer to send it over to me.

To compress the file, you can use one of the .rar or the .7z formats. Personally I prefer the second. On my PC I am using the excellent, open-source "7-Zip" archiver.; on my Mac I am using a great app called "Keka".

Snowfall animation 03 Dec 2018 10:10 #8840

• Luv photography
Here is a link to the file on Onedrive. Since I am not familiar with using actions , maybe I did not use this function properly.
<link>

Snowfall animation 04 Dec 2018 10:17 #8845

I checked the file you sent me.
It appears to me that you followed a different approach to expand the animation duration.

Let me recap what you need to do.
1. Load the photo in Photoshop.
2. Run one of the animation actions (in this case the "Snowfall - 10 sec" or the "Snowfall - 30 sec" or the "Snowfall - 60 sec").
3. When the action completes, do not edit anything on the Timeline panel. Select "File > Export > Render Video as" from Photoshop's menu. Set the quality to "3D Interactive", choose the H.264 format, select one of the different Presets and hit "Render".

Here's the animation I created by processing your photo with the "Snowfall - 30 sec" action:

Attachments:

Snowfall animation 04 Dec 2018 10:38 #8846

• Luv photography
Says video is unavailable.
I see what the problem is. After adding the layers of snowfall and getting to the Timeline window, I pressed the convert button, prior to rendering.
Without converting the animation first, it works well. Thanks for your help. I luv this snowfall animation. Thanks again.

• Page:
Moderators: Panos

Photoshop version:
Add to cart
$17.90
Photoshop Elements version:
Add to cart
$17.90
Slider

keyboard_arrow_up