Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 3D Puzzle Sphere with missing pieces-New Tutorial

3D Puzzle Sphere with missing pieces-New Tutorial 26 Jul 2013 10:17 #5103

• Panos
  • Panos's Avatar Topic Author
I created a new tutorial that shows you how to create a 3D puzzle sphere, with some pieces missing:
www.panosfx.com/creative-ideas/3d-sphere...h-transparent-pieces

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tauratinzwe and 2 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3D Puzzle Sphere with missing pieces-New Tutorial 26 Jul 2013 11:07 #5104

Panos it is not good for my money :( , when I see all these very good creations I am going to be obliged to buy CSPS6E ;) .... if I still find there in the sale :dry: :dry: .

Albums
An image is worth one thousands words [Confucius]

3D Puzzle Sphere with missing pieces-New Tutorial 26 Jul 2013 11:36 #5105

Yannick, it's still available. They just don't plan to upgrade it, only upgrade parts of ACR. The link used to be well hidden, but I think it's a bit easier to find now that so many people are rejecting CC. Try this link as a starting place. Unfortunately, it's not cheap. Fortunately, you have CS5 and can get the upgrade rather than full price.

shop.adobe.com/store/adbehme/en_IE/pd/Pr...9257900/Currency.USD

This link is in USD but there's a dropdown to choose other currencies. Good luck!

3D Puzzle Sphere with missing pieces-New Tutorial 26 Jul 2013 15:06 #5115

Panos i just had to look at the tutorial you make it look so easy although at the moment i can not use the tutorial i so enjoyed watching it. Yannick i know how you feel they do hide the buy option.
Judy-
A true gift is friendship.
windows 7 pro cs5

3D Puzzle Sphere with missing pieces-New Tutorial 26 Jul 2013 15:21 #5119

Thank you Panos...it looks so simple, when you know how to do :)

3D Puzzle Sphere with missing pieces-New Tutorial 26 Jul 2013 16:23 #5127

Thanks for the tutorial. It explains things very clearly. My mistake was that I was trying to deal with individual pieces as separate meshes and they are all in one mesh.

Now I can do it properly.

3D Puzzle Sphere with missing pieces-New Tutorial 26 Jul 2013 17:29 #5131

Thank you for the tuto, to make it does not guess, thank you for showing it to us

Albums
An image is worth one thousands words [Confucius]

3D Puzzle Sphere with missing pieces-New Tutorial 28 Jul 2013 09:15 #5152

I'm struggling and struggling with the sphere for days now, the missing pieces is no problem; after that I tried to make the animation with the pieces above the sphere, but I can't get the result I want. For now I just show you a result from the sphere missing pieces, one of the many I already made with trying to make the animation :S
BTW I made the sphere at a different way, because selecting with the magic wand tool did not work by my image, al least not by me, will certainly be my mistake ;)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tauratinzwe

3D Puzzle Sphere with missing pieces-New Tutorial 28 Jul 2013 11:30 #5154

This is great, dunkie. I like the way you selected the pieces to remove so that the scene is revealed inside. I'm finding that not every image looks good as a sphere. I'm working on an animation, also, that is causing me to loose hair. I got close to the effect I'm after when exporting as "interactive" However, when I do a "final render" not only does the colour and exposure get messed up, but the key frames go crazy. I'll upload both versions of my latest attempt and maybe someone can get an idea of what I'm doing wrong (or my system or PS). I think the magic wand doesn't always work for selecting the pieces. Depends upon what's in the image. I'm trying the quick selection tool with so-so results. Perhaps use of the pen tool would do best, for those who have mastered it. I'm still working on that skill. Anyway, I really like this Sunset in Venice.

3D Puzzle Sphere with missing pieces-New Tutorial 28 Jul 2013 11:51 #5155

Here are my latest efforts at animating a spherical puzzle.

This was exported using the "Interactive" render setting. It looks like the preview in PS. It does not have the intensity of colour as the original image and the shadows aren't as clear as in a rendered 3D image. However, the animation conforms to what I entered in the key frames for the animation.

This is the animation as exported using the "Final Render" setting. The colour shifted to ultra intense saturation and the exposure darkened. I adjusted these with a hue & saturation layer and a levels layer. The biggest problem is that the key frames were modified in the render process and, as you can see, the animation does not conform to the preview version above.

I exported the interactive version and then exported the final render version back to back without modifying anything between exports. For some reason, PS decided it did not like the key frame settings I had given when it did the final render.

Any ideas as to why this is happening or how to correct it?

Oh, the photo is of the front of a store that sells cup cakes here. I've never been inside since the prices are WAY above what I'm willing and able to pay for a cup cake. I'm still wondering if the name of the shop refers to the proprietors or their preferred customers. ;-)

Moderators: Panos

What's hot:

These are the 4 most popular PanosFX products. Each one of our products includes a remarkable assortment of tools to meet a wide range of creative needs. All products are being designed carefully with attention to the detail, and are offered at a low cost:

Cartoons Photoshop actions by PanosFX

Convert your photos into incredible cartoons.

• Amazing conversion quality!
• 3 different cartoon styles.
• 8 pop art backgrounds.
• 2 pop-art collage effects.
• 18 speech balloons.
• Advanced color editing.

Photoshop version:
Add to cart
$17.90
PS Elements version:
Add to cart
$17.90
Jigsaw Puzzles Photoshop actions by PanosFX

Turn your photos into 2D & 3D jigsaw puzzles with uniques shapes!

• 14 Classic effects, available in 2D & 3D.
• 24 Special effects, available in 2D & 3D.
• Up to 210 detachable pieces.

Photoshop version:
Add to cart
$18.90
PS Elements version:
Add to cart
$15.90
Mockups Photoshop actions by PanosFX

Create a great variety of digital mockups!

• 19 Softback book templates, plus a 3D book model !
• 5 Hardback book templates.
• 15 Magazine templates.
• 10 Spiral bound pads & albums.
• 6 Brochure templates.
• 5 Vinyl records & DVDs.
• 18 Cubes (static & 3D)
• 1 Software box

Photoshop version:
Add to cart
$17.90
PS Elements version:
Add to cart
$17.90
Filmstrips Photoshop actions by PanosFX

52 beautiful filmstrip frame effects!

• 20 Flat filmstrip effects - 60 variations.
• 18 Bent filmstrip effects - 54 variations.
• 14 Special effects (from film canisters to clapperboards).

Photoshop version:
Add to cart
$17.90
PS Elements version:
Add to cart
$17.90
previous arrow
next arrow
Shadow
Slider
keyboard_arrow_up