Before downloading any add-ons, I recommend you create a new folder in your hard disk and name it "PanosFX". You will use this folder to store any Photoshop add-ons you download from this site. This approach will help you maintain an organized collection of add-ons.
My Photoshop actions are distributed as downloadable zip files. To use the actions, you must unzip these files first. A folder containing the actions will be created upon decompressing the zip file. Move this folder into the "PanosFX" folder.
WHAT IS THE ACTIONS PANEL?
The actions panel is an interface that allows you to load, run (execute), create and store Photoshop actions. If the panel is not visible select Window > Actions from Photoshop’s main menu. The image below explains some fundamental terms and functions of the actions panel:
HOW DO I LOAD AND RUN ACTIONS?
The image below highlights the steps you need to follow, in order to load and run Photoshop actions:
- Click on the panel’s menu button (step 1) and select "Load Actions" from the fly-out menu. Load the actions file.
Photoshop actions are contained within actions sets. A small folder icon is displayed on the left of the set name. A single set may contain one or many actions. If you can’t see the actions contained in the set, click the little triangle to the left of the folder icon (step 2) to expand the set's contents.
- Click on an action within the set (step 3). If the actions set is selected instead of an action, the Play button appears grayed out; if you move the mouse pointer over the Play button it will be turned into a circle with a diagonal line. Please select an action and hit the Play button.
- Click on the Play button (step 4).
Other ways of loading actions in Photoshop:
- Use Windows Explorer (PC) or Finder (Mac) to navigate to the actions folder and double click the action thumbnail. Photoshop will open and the actions will be loaded in the actions panel. If Photoshop doesn't open, then for some reason Photoshop action files (.atn) are not associated with Photoshop anymore. In this case please refer to your OS instructions to re-associate the .atn files with Photoshop.
- You can drag the file thumbnail onto Photoshop's work area. The actions will be loaded automatically in the actions panel.